Friday, December 9, 2011

The Shot.

Today Sophie and I had to go to a Health Clinic because two days ago I got a TB shot so I had to get it checked. When I went in the nurse gave me a bunch of paper work to fill out with a lot of pointless questions.

Do you have high blood pressure?
...cancer?
...diabetes?
...gonorrhea?
...syphilis?

Really? I just came here for them to tell me that my TB shot looks fine and I can go home. Oh no. They want to know all about your personal life. More questions.

How much do you make?
Where do you live?
When is your birthday?

After I was done with the stupid questionnaire they knew everything about my life. EVERYTHING!
Finally the nurse came into the waiting room and told me to pull my sleeve up. He face quickly turned to horror. I felt my stomach drop and said,
"Am I okay?!"
"You are going to have to come in the back with me."
I followed her to the back and did everything she said exactly.

"In this room. Sit down. Pull your sleeve up." she said.
I pulled it up very quickly.
"Oh... Well when was your last TB shot?"
"2006." I said.
"Was it positive?"
"No." I said quickly.
"Well it's not that swollen."
"So I am good?"
"Yes. You can go." She smiled.

My face quickly lite up, and I was out of that room faster than you could say Tuberculosis!
I went to the front so they could charge me for 5min out of their 24 hour day. The lady up front said,
"We. are. going. to. need. a. pay. check. stub. so. we. know. you. are. not. lying."
(Yes I checked that I can speak and understand spanish BUT I also checked ENGLISH!)
"Okay. But I get paid with just checks, like a personal check, so I don't have stubs."
"Yes. you. can. pay. us. with. a. check."
"Wait, what?"
I thought I had made myself pretty clear, but I guess not.
"Do. you. have. a. bank. account?" she asked.
"Yes."
"Go. there. and. see. if. you. have. enough. money. and. then. make. a. check. payable. to. this. clinic."
"But my problem is that I don't have stubs.... You know what. Never mind. Thanks."
Then I walked out.
I walked out with Sophie and said,
"I think that lady thought I was stupid."
"Jazmin, don't say that word."
"Sorry. haha." 
"It's okay." She said with a smile.
 Then we went home.


Negative.


No comments:

Post a Comment